RADON / WORTHWHILE WAY "Split"
No Idea Records
No Idea Release NIR-348
Released: November 6, 2015
• 7" on 100 pressed on OPAQUE RED vinyl (one per order)!
• Also available: 200 on TRANSLUCENT RED vinyl! If you want both reds, just order TWO copies and we will send one of each. Cool?
• 7"/DOWNLOAD: comes with a 2-song, 320 kbps Digital Download (a link will be emailed to you)!
• AN AWESOME REVIEW FROM RAZORCAKE: Gainesville punk scene granddads Radon kick off this gorgeously appointed No Idea Records split—seriously, do yourself a favor and look up the album art by Worthwhile Way vocalist Mayu Toshima—with “Headaches and Bullshit.” As the song runs through its scant two and a half minutes, it feels at once increasingly relatable and like some sort of grand inside joke. So, basically, it’s a Radon song. Stuck in your head after the first listen, the track leaves you desperate to spill your drink and scream along as soon as the crescendo of “heading weeest” kicks you in the gut. Never getting the chance to one day yell the line, “I’d thank you all to go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut” at a live show would be a travesty. Bringing up the rear are country/folk punks Worthwhile Way from Tokushima, Japan. Their entry “After the Rain Comes Sunshine” is just as posi and upbeat a rallying cry as its title implies. A bright, shiny harmonica melody takes your hand and leads you into the happiest, bounciest folk-infused anthem to ever take form on either side of the Pacific. With a little bit of twang and a whole lot of heart, the track is essentially one great big musical smile. Toshima’s assurance that “everything is going to be all right” officially needs to be on repeat forever for anyone who lives in a gloomy climate. –Kelley O’Death •
Dave Rohm - guitar, vocals
Bill Clower - drums
Mike Collins - bass
Recorded 2014 by Rob McGregor at Goldentone, Gainesville, Florida.Worthwhile Way:
Recorded and Mixed By: Daisuke Moriwaki at Torigoro Studio in Tokushima, JAPAN.
1. RADON "Headaches and Bullshit"
2. WORTHWHILE WAY "After the Rain Comes Sunshine"
* This is a split-release with EAGER BEAVER RECORDS in Japan. (They have GOLD vinyl, which WW should have at their show during THE FEST. If you are an uber-nerd who lives in the USA and does not get a gold one at The Fest, we might have like 5 or 10 gold ones. But I cannot promise it. Just bug Matt. Or order three copies and we'll see what we can do.)
Share this item: